Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I am Behind- no not I am a behind!

Good glory! I really have been busy. What is up with not writing in a week? That makes 2 weeks in a row I've done that. Guess it really is good that this blog is ultimately for me because honey, I sho' can't make no money writing if I don't write, right? Clear as mud, huh. Sure hope nobody in my family needs an alibi for the past week, including me. Lawd, that's why I started journaling. Well, not for the alibli factor, but because I wanted to remember stuff. Important stuff. Dumb stuff. And sometimes, just stuff. Heck, it took me 20 minutes to remember what I had for breakfast - today. Yikes! And, apparently, it's as hard for me to find my laptop sometimes as it was to find my journal and a pen. I really did write nearly every day but occasionally, I did have lapses like this one. Some of my journals have lapses here and yonder of a week or two then...bam! Back to the every day entries, back to the important stuff, dumb stuff and stuffy stuff. Good thing I wasn't in charge of copying down stuff Jesus and the disciples said!

It has been a wonderful week in the preschool neighborhood. Our class is so precious and sweet. It is amazing how 17 little personalities can mesh and blend and all can be well, almost all day. God has truly blessed Ann and me with a great start. If these last few weeks are a portion of what is to come, our year will be amazing. Every year is different; every year has its challenges and triumphs. Every year I fall in love with each child and treasure their memory. I wouldn't trade any year I've taught. Working with 3's is where my heart is so I suppose I'm a bit biased in my feelings for this year. I feel like I've come home again.

School, work, Scout's band practice, church...this week at the Remsen adobe has been uneventful - thank you Jesus! Life is supposed to be only interrupted by emergencies; mine often feels like a constant emergency interrupted by brief periods of normalcy. Every time I share that with someone they tell me that at times they feel the same way. So, I suppose normal really is just a setting on the dryer! (Thanks to Liz Curtis Higgs for that little gem.) If you're looking for normal at my house, keep walking sistah..keep hiking bruddah 'cause we are fresh out here! But if you want a hot meal, a laugh, a prayer and some love, well step on over the threshold and make yourself to home.

One very exciting and definitely unexpected surprise occurred today. I received a notification from the Augusta National that I have been moved from the waiting list to the patron list; I will receive badges for the Masters Tournament, beginning 2010. Yahoo!!! When the National purged the old waiting list, I was lucky enough for my name to be drawn from the practice round ticket holders and placed on the new waiting list. There was no guarantee of how long I would wait to receive badges; only a guarantee that sometime in the "foreseeable future" my name would be placed on the patron list. The foreseeable future turned out to be about five years - not bad considering some people have been waiting for twenty years. Thank you God, for such a lovely surprise. And no readers, you cannot have my tickets. I haven't had regular access to a badge since I was a teenager and Daddy got badges. For years I've gone to the tournament on the good grace of others. When I was chosen to receive the practice round tickets it was a wonderful bonus to receive as well. I just wish my sweet daddy were alive. My first urge was to call him and tell him. Of course he is in a place more beautiful than the Augusta National golf course and I wouldn't take him away from the presence of our Heavenly Father even if I could. It's just that this is another one of those things that makes me miss Daddy.He would have been so happy and excited. When I called Mama, the joy in her voice was almost palpable; the happiness she felt at something she knew I really wanted was just how we want our mothers to react. Mama said she also knew Daddy would've been thrilled for me. Okay, enough crepe hanging. Daddy would say, "Get on with it, girl!"

So...Whoo Hoo!!! I'm getting Masters badges, I'm getting Masters badges!! But that doesn't catch up my blog. I'm still behind BUT no, I am not a behind!

Love to all y'all (but you still can't have my badges!)

No comments:

Post a Comment