Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Crazy Life

Good glory, I'm behind again! This time many forces joined against me but I shall not be defeated! Encumbered by idgits, I pressed on. Wow, where do I begin?! The cord to the computer became totally frazzled, kind of like me, and just stopped working; I don't get THAT option - gotta press on. So, we were out of the computer biz while we waited for a replacement cord to arrive via snail mail.
Wouldn't have had time to Facebook or blog anyway because...early Tuesday morning my mother had to be taken to the emergency room because of chest pains. Catheterization showed no blockages; ultrasound showed no clots. Docs think it might be something pulmonary but not serious; perhaps asthma. Anyway, spent the day w/Mama & sister @ University while my co-teacher & directors graciously held down the fort for me in the classroom. Whew! And that was just the beginning of the week.

Had a great week in the classroom. Love love love my munchkins! And this is one of my favorite times of the year. There is just so much to do with autumnal themes. (Hey, nice word - autumnal. I is no dummy!) We went on a nature walk on Wednesday. We gave the children a "tape bracelet" and encouraged them to put little weed flowers, leaves, etc on the bracelet. They absolutely loved it. It is so much fun to see things through their eyes. As a teacher at Grace and a church member, I'm on the property a lot. But when I'm with my class I see new things all the time. There is an area on the property that leads into a little copse of trees and you can't believe you're still so close to civilization. Once you enter the area, it's like being in the middle of nowhere. (For those of you familiar w/Grace, it's down the path past the office and down toward the softball field.) What a beautiful little piece of God's green earth, put there just for us to enjoy His handiwork. May sound silly to some but when we can, it's a nice little hike for the children and they like pretending they're going on a bear hunt. Oh and this is cute too - the volleyball field is white sand. Deer, raccoon, dogs, etc, cross the sand and leave tracks. It's so precious to take children out there in the morning and let them see the animal tracks. And because there have been humans out there as well and their footprints get distorted, the children are simply convinced bears and other big animals are crossing the sand, too. I don't lie to them, but who am I to say none of them are bear tracks? There have been bears, boars and coyotes spotted in our area so, who knows? What I do know is the imagination and excitement of my children is almost palpable!

Scout is doing her high school thing. It's been a rough week for Greenbrier. The young man who died at the track was not her friend but it was difficult for her just the same. If you follow my blog, please pray for a hedge of protection for Greenbrier and for all schools. But Greenbrier has lost 2 young men and nearly lost Haley Van Pelt in a wreck - all since this summer. Homecoming was this week and with it came all of the crazy dress-up days. Like me, Scout really goes in for the dramatic, though I must say she's not quite as apt to draw attention to herself as I am. She has found her niche at church in the Kid's Alive program. She works in KA once a month and is in the skit ensemble. They do such a great job of really making the lesson "live" for the children. It really grabs their attention. So proud of my baby girl for finding a place of service at Grace.

The Dawgs lost tonight but my baby girl is home so it's still a win for me!
Love to all y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment