Thursday, September 10, 2009

Journaling

Guess "Journaling" isn't a clever title for today but as this is my blog, I suppose I'm free to be as creative- or not- as I please. Today's entry, and I'm sure some yet to come, will read more like a recitation of the events of my life. It is meant to be an online journal and not a column. It does give me joy to know there are folks who read this; if you do, please give me grace on the days I fall short of your expectations. I fall short of my own expectations so much I should wear some sort of protective gear, like one wears to skateboard, only designed to protect me emotionally. Guess that's kind of what God's grace and mercy is all about. We weren't promised an easy ride, just some cushions in the wagon.

Scout and I had a quiet night at the old adobe. "McGyver" here rustled up some good groceries for the two of us. My poor Scout is nearly worn to a nub - a nub I say - from 3-a-week marching band practices followed by Friday night games. And that's in addition to homework and Wednesday night worship. No wonder she needs a nap in the afternoons and sleeps until noon on Saturdays. Honey, that girl has always needed her sleep and is absolutely poisonous when sleep-deprived! But come Sunday, she is always raring to go to Sunday school and the morning and evening services; same gusto come Wednesday evening for Youth Worship. Jesus seems to be her "Red Bull." Hallelujah!!

Today was another lovely day in the preschool neighborhood. We have such as sweet little class. We are having a good time, learning through play about God and the beautiful world He created for us. Ann and I feel so blessed that we keep waiting for the proverbial "other shoe" to drop and things to fall apart. It is certainly to God's glory, not ours, that our plans are coming together and the children are thriving . It does help to always have a "Plan B" in our hip pocket. Some days you do have to fake it 'til ya' make it! It is such a blessing that no matter what is going on in my life, in the world, in other classrooms - when we shut our classroom door, all is right in our little corner of the world. For five hours, I get to work and play with 17 of God's miracles . For five hours, I get to live in a world where the color of the crayons chosen are more important than the color of skin; where the fact that "Mommies" pack lunches with love is more important than the latest diet; where how loud and joyful we are when we sing, and that our praise is as unto God, is more important than how we sound and if we're any good; where the biggest conflicts are solved with prayer, band-aids, "I'm sorry" and a hug; and where we are free to talk about the truth of The Father, Son and Holy Spirit from the time we enter in the morning until we shut the lights off in the afternoon. It's all good in my preschool neighborhood. To God be the glory for the great things He has done and for the hope of more to come.

Love to all y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment