Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cloudy with a Chance of Tears

I still am marveling that my precious girl is 16. I am still marveling that God blessed me with that desire of my heart. It is daily that I pray to stand before Him one day and know that I know that I know that Bill and I did all we could to raise Delaney in a way that pleased God. From all of the comments I hear, and the ones I read on Facebook, she is a blessing to those in her life. And she has blessed those who may never know her through her mission work. She certainly blesses my life; though there are days when I could roll her up in a blanket and lock her in the closet for a couple of hours!! I'm sure God feels that way about me sometimes, too! Tonight was a "top-of-the-blanket" rather than rolled-up-in-the-blanket night. Simply love it when she comes in and sits on the bed with me and just dishes and chats me up. She is dealing with some hurt feelings right now. Delaney is mature and handles adversity very well but she hurts sometimes; no matter how mature we are, bruises hurt - heart bruises are often the most painful. She was feeling "cloudy with a chance of tears." These are the times as a parent that I want to go blow up the cause of my child's hurt. As a Christian, I know I must make choices that point to the cross. I don't always make the grade. How grateful I am that God's grace and forgiveness are given to me daily, His mercies are new each morning.

Today was also a "cloudy with a chance of tears" day in my classroom. Several of the children were clingy and tearful; children who normally come in cheerfully were not. Thank goodness they were not arriving at the same time because Ann and I were tending to them and greeting others as they arrived. My rocking chair, a gift from my dear friend Sherry, was rocking into overdrive today. As I rocked and soothed little hearts, I couldn't help but think: how better would we all feel if we could get a little rockin' and a little TLC whenever we felt bruised and pushed around by the world? I talk to my children each day about the depth and breadth of God's power and His love. As much as I teach them to understand this concept, it helps reinforce it in my heart as well. I explain to them that God is so big and strong that He can hold oceans in one hand and the stars in the other, yet He is so small that He and all of His love can fit right inside our hearts - and there's enough of that love for every single human. Amazing doesn't begin to describe that miracle!

Thank you, Lord, for loving me and giving me family and a job I love. Thank you for the love of my children at school. Thank you for a co-teacher who is a hard worker, creative, loving and giving. Thank you for the parents who encourage and uplift me in prayer. Thank you for letting me work and play with your little promises - the future - every day. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to love on them when they feel "cloudy with a chance of tears."

Love to all y'all


No comments:

Post a Comment