Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Reading a friend's post got me thinking about good home training. So oops. one more soapbox post. Feel free to leave now. We are becoming a crasser & crasser society. I was raised to say "please" & "thank you" (the magic words!); to say "ma'am/sir." I said "sir" to Daddy until the day he died @ age 81 & still "ma'am" my mama. Don't agree w/that? Then erase "yeah" & "naw" and my personal favorite "huh?" from your brain. I was raised to rise when my elder enters/leaves a room & to offer to give my seat to my elder. News flash: Men, add doing the same for women of any age - you may run across the rare offended woman but she probably ain't from around here anyway. (Be nice!) And class is not a matter of financial or social status. Last week @ Logan's w/Mama waiting for a table; 3 men sitting in waiting area, 2 in business suits. Who offered my 83-yr old mother a seat? The 3rd man, wearing painter's clothes - thanks! As Mama sat, the 2 "gentlemen" just stared blankly as I continued to stand...dorks! Ladies, cursing is ugly enough in men but, seriously, you kiss your mama or kids w/that mouth?! Buy a word-of-the-day calendar, Google some new words...improve that brain, tame that tongue! (I did, you can too!) Uh,no kid, you can't push all the elevator buttons and have me stopping on 12 extra floors just 'cause your mama is too weak to tell you "no." Tell the 2024 version of Oprah or Dr. Phil about that mean lady - me. Don't send me the therapy bill. And, above all, NEVER, I mean, never ANSWER your phone at a funeral; unless you are on a transplant recipient list or are the transplant surgeon - and even then step away somewhere!! (And yes, I did witness this top 10 rudest moment EVAH! I wish I'd had an Emily Post book to throw at...oops, I mean, give him.) Thanks to all y'all who use your home training. And if you didn't get any, get some. They're free, the benefits are priceless and I'll be happy to hook you up with some! "Night and love to all y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment