Friday, February 17, 2012

Don't get on the soapbox much - check my timeline if you're feeling doubt. There's so much joy we miss that it's my "thing" to look for joy every day - Laura Brake can back me up on that, right cuz? Now don't twist it - I don't think I'm perfect because I'm a Christian - I KNOW what a hot mess I am even WITH Jesus! But I'm better than I was and when you know better, you do better. Right now I know some folks, including me, who are hurting because of unkind words, because of attitudes, because of presumptions. Life is too short to spend it judging and gossiping. And I'm talking about people who call themselves Christians. It's no wonder the world doesn't think we're any different when we don't act any different! It's easy to love the lovely; it's when we're unlovely that we need our brothers and sisters the most. Nobody's perfect, I get that; talking about patterns of behavior here folks. THINK before you act or speak. Stop spreading the dread! If it ain't helpful or hopeful, swallow it - hear me - swallow it and go on your way. Tell Jesus about it later. The joy in this? I've done my share to hurt others and Him with my tongue, my attitude and I'm forgiven. He has a plan for me, for you - "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (We'll now sing a hymn and be dismissed. I surrender the pulpit. Amen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment