Thursday, August 20, 2009

Don't pay the ransom, I've escaped! I not only just made it through the first week of school, I thrived and so did my munchkins. We have such a sweet class; lots of personalities emerging as they feel more comfortable in their new room. Of course some came in with no apprehension and some are ready to take over! It will be interesting with a 2-to-1 ratio of girls to boys. Guess it will help them get used to taking orders from us who really rule the world :) Already had one diva trying to get her pal to wear a princess gown and needless to say, he was not having it! She even tried the reassurance ploy, "but you would wook so bootiful!" No sale!
My own precious daughter is flaked out on the bed next to me. High school is tough but she's tougher...as long as she gets an evening nap. She is poisonous without enough sleep. Have you seen how fast a frog zaps a bug into its mouth? That's how fast she'll snap up her daddy, me or any human in the vicinity when she is in "tyrannical teen" mode. We just try not to make any sudden moves. Love that she still creeps in here for after-school talks. I take the crumbs and eventually am able to make a meal and understand what's going on in her world. Considering what a Christ-centered young woman she is, I'll take a little sleep-deprivation reactive disorder. How do y'all like that fancy diagnosis? I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and watched reruns of House last night!
My beloved hubby is home on a rare evening off so I'm off to enjoy marital bliss. Love to all y'all!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!!!!
    This will give me loads of ideas for DHs! (You don't have a problem with plagiarism, do you?) Hope not. [pun not intended, but it's cute]
    Love you.
    ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mick! I'm flattered you would consider my words worthy of, borrowing w/my humble permission, your DH's so...be my guest. Luv ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete